If you haven’t read the post yet, here’s a link, I am joining other food bloggers today, in light of the destruction of Sandy I am sharing a comfort food recipe passed onto me by my mother in support of those impacted worse than I by Superstorm Sandy. It’s a perfect soup for a cool fall or winter night!
SCBD Mom Slow cooker Beef Barley soup
- 1 pkg of mushroom barley soup (Manischewitz or similar)
- 6 cups water
- 2 envelopes beef bouillon
- 1lb stew beef (or stir fry beef)
- Put liner in crock-pot.
- Put in 2 cups water, add all contents of soup mix.
- Cut stew beef into 1 inch pieces or smaller and brown meat sprinkled w onion powder and garlic powder.
- When browned add to crock-pot and add 4 cups water and bouillon and stir.
- Put on top and let cook for 8 hrs on low or 5 6 on high
- When finished relax & enjoy!!!
Whether you are from the Northeast where you have personally suffered from Sandy or just want to share a recipe to those who may not have a home still, please join us #FBS4SANDY!!!
Lets get it trending today #FBS4SANDY, Thursday November 8th- share your comfort dishes in support of our friends in the Northeast that have been impacted by Hurricane Sandy.
& please don’t forget to donate to the Red Cross below and help those in need & affected by Superstorm Sandy:
Always remembering that #SandyUnites! #LetsComeTogether