Hey readers!!! As you may know I am a huge fan and advocate for Greek yogurt! Not only is it healthy for you, but it can be great simply with granola or used to substitute milk, sour cream or butter in a recipe. I love Chobani’s strawberry & banana mixed with granola! How do you like to eat your Greek yogurt?
Here are some fun facts about greek yogurt provided by the American Dairy Association and Dairy Council (ADADC):
- Greek yogurt is made with milk and an active yogurt culture. Actually, it takes about four gallons of milk to make a gallon of Greek yogurt. Like all yogurt, it is a good source of calcium. Before its packaged, Greek yogurt is strained to remove some of the excess whey, resulting in a creamier, thicker, more satisfying yogurt. Although brands vary, compared to regular non-fat yogurt, Greek yogurt typically has twice as much protein, less sugar, and less lactose.
- More Filling –The additional protein in Greek yogurt may help you feel fuller, faster. Studies show that consuming protein, as compared to carbohydrate and fat, promotes stronger feelings of fullness. Its thick, rich and creamy texture satisfies cravings and helps keep you on your diet.
- Easier to Digest – Greek yogurt contains less carbohydrates than regular yogurt and therefore less lactose, making it easier to digest for those who are lactose intolerant. Greek yogurt also contains the good kind of bacteria cultures, which help regulate healthy digestion.
- A “Do” for Diabetics – Greek yogurt has a naturally lower sugar and carbohydrate content than regular yogurt, which makes it a great choice for diabetics who want a product that meets their nutritional needs while offering great taste.
- Gluten-free – Greek yogurt is gluten free meaning it has contains no wheat, rye, or barley or other gluten-containing thickeners making it a great dessert alternative for those with Celiac disease. (Because new product formulations are always occurring, please check product ingredient labels if you need to maintain a gluten-free diet)
So in honor of our love for greek yogurt we are having a giveaway and the winner will win a I <3 Greek Yogurt gift bag (a more than $50.00 value) that will include:
- Silicone Solutions 6-pc. Baking Set
- I love Greek yogurt t-shirt
- I love Greek yogurt cooler tote
- Manufacturer coupons for FREE Greek yogurt
Note: This contest has ended.
Interested in winning this amazing prize? Here’s how to enter:
- Like the American Dairy Association and Dairy Council on Facebook
- Like Small Chick Big Deals on Facebook
- Tweet @smchickbigdeals & @AmerDairyAssoc why you should win with the hashtag #SCBDGiveaway
- Email [email protected] telling us that you’ve entered and you’ll officially be entered!
- The winner will be announced Monday July 29th at 5 PM!
Good luck to all who enter, you don’t want to miss out on this ‘big deal’ prize!!!