This holiday season Kings has identified four major types of Thanksgiving chefs: Traditionalists, Naturalists, Experimentalists and Realists. Whether you’re conventional cook who want all of the Thanksgiving classics with a gourmet spin, green gurus in search of the latest organic recipes, trend-setters who are constantly raising the creativity bar, or a gourmet hostess on the go, Kings Food Markets has everything you will need this holiday to make your Thanksgiving dinner effortlessly reflect your personal styles.
Kings didn’t forget about the novice cook, either. If you break out into a nervous sweat after hearing the words “brining,” “basting” and “baking,” consider sharing some of the helpful Cooking Studio Classes Kings will be hosting to help the average chef prepare for the big holiday, such as:
- Easy Elegance Holiday Desserts – 11/20/13
What is your Thanksgiving Style?
Plan your Thanksgiving menu with Kings Food Markets, based on your personality.
- My favorite accessory is…
- A pair of pearls
- The necklace I made from seashells from our last vacation
- I don’t have a favorite! I am always switching it up
- The gold necklace I have had forever
- My makeup routine consists of…
- The basics: foundation, blush, mascara, lip gloss
- Nothing, I go au natural!
- A bold lip and lots of mascara
- Whatever I have time for, usually just mascara and bronzer
- My go to drink is…
- Hand-crafted beer
- Bartender’s choice
- My décor can be summed up by…
- Classic pieces in timeless color palates
- Natural elements in earth tones
- Trendy pieces in bold and exciting colors
- Comfortable furniture in neutrals
- It wouldn’t be Thanksgiving without…
- My mom’s green bean casserole
- Fresh fall veggies
- A surprise – something my guests will not expect
- The killer apple pie from my favorite bakery
If you answered mostly…
As you are a Traditionalist
Bs you are a Naturalist
Cs you are an Experimentalist
Ds you are a Realist
Traditionalists love serving their guests a piece of home cooking with gourmet meat offerings, including fresh turkey, chicken and ham with the widest selection of fresh herbs.
Naturalists can share their love for all things organic or sustainable with a variety of vegetables, such as fingerling potatoes and baby garnet yams—the perfect bite sized treats for your table.
Experimentalists wow their guests with the hippest trends of the moment, including a seafood alternative to the traditional turkey and a rainbow of vegetables, like purple sweet potatoes.
Realists may not have the time to get creative from scratch but will certainly not sacrifice style or taste with the great gourmet prepared food options available.
Now that you know your Thanksgiving style, check out your perfect menu from Kings Food Markets!
- Traditionalists will love serving their guests a piece of home cooking with gourmet meat offerings, including fresh turkey, chicken and ham with the widest selection of fresh herbs.
- Suggested Appetizer: Isigny Ste. Mere French mini Brie, produced in Normandy and just the right size for any holiday gathering, offering a delightfully creamy texture and a complex flavor which is both sweet and savory (Hint: Cut in half to form two discs; fill the center with a fig jam spread and close. Top with salted and fried Marcona almonds – delicious!)
- Kings’ Country Farm whole fresh turkeys (10-13 & 16-20 lbs.), which are also locally raised and hormone-free
- Baby colored carrots from Babe Farms, yellow, orange, white and purple – making a perfect garnish
- Kale, perfect roasted with garlic and olive oil (or as a chip!)
- Kings’ Pumpkin Pie, a rich custard style pumpkin pie with just a hint of fall spices
- Naturalists can share their love for all things organic or sustainable with a variety of vegetables, such as fingerling potatoes and baby garnet yams—the perfect bite sized treats for your table.
- Suggested Appetizer: Cowgirl Creamery Mt. Tam (Pt. Reyes, California) signature cheese, a smooth, creamy, elegant, triple-cream cheese made with tasty organic milk from the Straus Family Dairy; Mt Tam is firm yet buttery with a mellow, earthy flavor reminiscent of white mushrooms (Hint: Pair with crunchy California almonds and local honey.)
- Bell & Evans Organic Whole Fresh Chickens, locally raised, hormone- & antibiotic-free and vegetarian-fed and Plainville Farms Organic Whole Fresh Turkeys, locally raised, hormone & antibiotic free.
- Organic Fingerling potatoes or organic baby garnet yams, which offer bite sized treats loaded with beta carotene
- Pomegranates, the first apple – and the seeds make a great snack, too!
- Long Grove Fall Branches, chocolate covered pretzel rods, or Kings’ Caramel Apple Dipping Kit
- Experimentalists will be able to wow their guests with the hippest trends of the moment, including a seafood alternative to the traditional turkey and a rainbow of vegetables.
- Suggested Appetizer: St. Marcellin (in crocks), handmade in the French province of Dauphine, rindless and made from 100% local cow’s milk, this is an intensely creamy, nutty and complex flavored cheese (Hint: It comes in a handy terra cotta crock for a reason – pour a dash of Champagne over it and warm in the oven; pair with a crusty baguette and black mission figs – and, of course, the rest of the Champagne.)
- Cooked & Raw Shrimp, Shellfish (Clams, Oysters – in the shell & shucked — and Lobster Tails), make an unique twist to the Thanksgiving menu, incorporating an homage to the coastal ports of the first American colonies
- Bacon, cornbread & dried fruit stuffing, with pecans, apples, dried cranberries and raisins **
- Purple artichokes & Organic Rainbow Swiss Chard, wow your guests with colored produce; artichokes are great for stuffing and Swiss chard is perfect for sautéing
- Kings’ 3oz. Chocolate Bar with Sweet Potato and Pumpkin and Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Covered Pretzels
- Realists may not have the time to get creative from scratch, but will certainly not sacrifice style or taste with the great gourmet prepared food options available.
- Suggested Appetizer: Brie en Croute Apple Pear Chardonnay, consists of firm chunks of fruit steamed in white wine, then paired with creamy brie and baked into a buttery puff pastry until golden brown (Hint: Put in a slow oven for 15 minutes – Perfect!)
- Kings’ spiral sliced smoked ham, with metal rack & glaze packet; locally produced, natural hardwood-smoked, fully cooked and pre-sliced (bone in) **
- Edward & Son’s instant organic mashed potatoes
- Maple & spice glazed winter squash **
- 8” Pumpkin Charlotte Mousse Cake, a layer of sponge cake and a layer of pumpkin spice cake which are both soaked in a simple syrup with a hint of bourbon liquor; filled with pumpkin mousse and decorated with lady fingers on the sides and topped with whipped cream and a dusting of ground cinnamon **
** Prepared food/catering options