I love anything Italian and basically anything caprese. Who doesn’t though, right!? So, when I saw different variation of caprese chicken my boyfriend and I put our heads together and came up with this version.
Super easy, quick and delicious! After eating my piece of chicken I even said, “I figured this would be really good but I can’t believe how good it really was, and how easy!” It was delicious. I can’t wait to cook,
and eat this, again.
- 4 skinless chicken breasts kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- cherry tomatoes, halved – to taste
- 10 large basil leaves, finely chopped
- 8 oz fresh buffalo mozzarella, sliced in 1/2 inch thick slices balsamic vinegar – to taste
Salt and pepper both sides of chicken and set bake at 350 degrees for 30-35min, or until thoroughly cooked..
Combine halved cherry tomatoes (I actually cut mine into fours), olive oil, garlic and basil in a bowl.
When chicken has finished baking, remove from oven, layer the top of the chicken with slice mozzarella and tomato and basil mix.
Place chicken back in oven until cheese is melted. Remove from oven and drizzle balsamic vinegar to taste.