No need to spend a fortune on your holiday parties. This Very Berry Holiday Tree is a simple way to brighten up any room and get the whole family involved in the festivities!
- Four 1-lb containers of fresh Driscoll strawberries
- 1 bunch fresh mint
- 1 slice from a carambola fruit (also known as star fruit)*
Special equipment: one floral foam or green Styrofoam cone measuring 4-5 inches in diameter at the base and 12 inches high; one box of toothpicks
The culinary experts at Emmi Roth USA have put together a fool-proof plan to assemble a gourmet cheese platter that goes well beyond the traditional cheese and crackers for a gift that will be the talk – and taste – of the party.
Start with really good cheese and build around it with complementary elements, for example:
- The fruity, nutty taste of Le Gruyère, like Emmi’s Kaltbach Cave-Aged Le Gruyère AOP, made from only the best milk, shines on a simple cheese plate when served alongside a rustic bread, fruits like apples and pears, and salty, roasted nuts like pecans.
- A bold red wine, like Syrah, is a great pairing option, as is a fuller-bodied beer like an amber ale or stout.
- Emmentaler’s flavors emit a blend of intense herbal notes with a hint of earthiness, especially Emmi’s Kaltbach Cave-Aged Emmentaler, that are suited to dried fruits and dry white wine, like Chardonnay, or a full-bodied red wine. Other options to consider are a dark beer or even black tea.
- A hint of dark chocolate with juicy strawberries can also be a delicious, if somewhat unexpected, combination.
Add other gourmet touches that can be used with the cheese and its pairings or for other meals or recipes like artisan crackers, savory spreads, and chutneys or jams.
For the finishing touch, a cheese board or platter that can be used to serve the delicacies and represent the hostess’ style, pulling the whole look together. A different knife should be available for each cheese on the platter.
Made with Good Earth Tea
Celebrity Chef Elizabeth Falkner’s Pomegranate Burst™ Mostarda
- 3 apples, preferably golden, pink lady or gala apples
- 1 cup cranberries or dried cranberries
- 1 tea bag Good Earth Pomegranate Burst Tea
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 tsp yellow mustard seeds
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- Chop up the apples to a small dice with skin on
- Combine the apples with all of the other ingredients in a saucepan
- Bring to a simmer for 5-8 minutes or until apples are translucent
- Turn off heat and cool
- Squeeze out the tea bag and discard. Serve chilled or at room temperature.