Honestly, I am not the biggest fan of tomato so I like to experiment with other toppings to add to a BLT sandwich. These add-ons include sun-dried tomato spread, cheese (various types) and fried eggs. All delicious!
This BLT included toasted bread, the B, the L, the T, cheddar cheese and fried egg. Even though I am sure there is no instruction needed for this “recipe” I will explain quickly below how to put this tasty creation together.
1. Cook your bacon. Thick-cut peppered bacon is my bacon of choice. (I bake it in the oven at 350º for about 17-20 min. Place on a cookie sheet covered in tin foil for super easy clean-up.)
2. While bacon is cooking, fried up your egg the way you like. (I like over-medium.) Add salt and pepper to taste.
3. You can also slice your tomato, cheese and lettuce during this time as well.
4. When the bacon is just about done, start toasting your bread. This way everything will still be warm while you are building your sandwich.
5. Build your sandwich the the bacon, lettuce, tomato, cheese and fried egg.