Sandwiches. Pizza. Grilled cheese. What happens if you blend all three of these tasty and amazing things? PIZZA GRILLED CHEESE, that’s what!
So, in honor of National Grilled Cheese Day I will share a fantastic Pizza Grilled Cheese recipe with you. This is one you will want to make over and over!
What you need:
- 4 slices of bread
- Italian seasoning
- Parmesan cheese
- Mozzarella cheese
- Marinara sauce
What to do:
- Butter each piece of bread on one side and create your sandwiches in layers.
- Start with mozzarella, Italian seasoning and parmesan,
- Add a layer of sliced pepperoni and top with mozzarella (if any other toppings are desired, add now) and a slice of bread.
- Repeat with second sandwich.
- Grill in a skillet, on medium heat, until crispy and golden brown. When bottom slice is golden brown then flip over carefully. Once both sides are brown remove from pan cut and serve with pizza sauce if desired.