Are you stressing on where to take your dad for father’s day? Well you can relax SCBD has got you covered. No matter what type of food or atmosphere your dad may enjoy, SCBD has a fun full list of places dad is sure to enjoy!
–Sunday, 6/15 from 12pm – 5pm
-Hosted by UPSTAIRS / 608 Valley Rd., Upper Montclair
-Call 973.744.4144 to book a table.
In reverence of the 20th FIFA World Cup, June 12 – July 13, Jones Wood Foundry (JWF), the UES’s food driven British pub, will be air every match live from screens in all three of its rooms, while serving up $6 Carlsberg beers. Tomake weekday World Cup watching at JWF particularly memorable , there will be a BBQ in the garden Monday thru Friday for lunch from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. for the duration of the month-long tournament (When games start at 4, the BBQ will continue to serve until 4:30). Fans won’t incur any penalties as the pile their plates (with a little assistance from the BBQ referee chef) with choices from a cooked-to-order spread of Burgers, Salmon Burgers, Myers ofKeswick Sausages, Hanger Steak and Grilled Calamari, complemented by Mixed Leaf Salad, Quinoa & Farrow Salad and Tomato & Red Onion Salad for $26 a person. Once their plates are loaded, they have another choice – where to sit. The bar, the conservatory with its communal table, or the dining room. The sightlines to the screens will be perfect in all three. Wherever they sit, they can wash down their ‘cue with the $6 Carlsbergs. One choice they won’t have is about making reservations – they will be necessary for the daily weekday lunch BBQ and can be made by calling (212) 249-2700.
Those $6 Carlsbergs will be available at Jones Wood Foundry whenever World Cup teams take field, at the bar and during dinner and brunch service. Another all-the-time, all tournament long element at Jones Wood Foundry will be merchandise and beer giveaways. And there will be a competition to name the two teams in the final, for which the winner will enjoy inner for two at sister restaurant, The Peacock, also owned by JWF’s Executive Chef / Partner Jason Hicks. To enter, contestants will need to write the names of their two chosen teams on the back of a business card and drop it in the designated World Cup vase in the conservatory. No purchase necessary. Jones Wood Foundry is located at 401 E. 76th Street, New York, NY 10021, (212) 249-2700,www.joineswoodfoundry.com
Desmond’s Steakhouse will present a special DDD (Dad’s Day Dinner) with a shelf life, given the $30 gift certificate for every father that will go with it. Dad can use it as an excuse for a subsequent boys’ night out at Desmond’s, or a romantic rendezvous (hopefully with mom!). The other shelf life element is the fact it will be available for Father’s Day Weekend, June 13, 14 and 15, along with Desmond’s regular a la carte menu.
Priced at $95 the three-course menu (which follows) is an ode to hearty male appetites, with manly sized entrees, and has an intriguing retro theme thread. When was the last time you saw Oysters Rockefeller, Beef Wellington and Lobster Thermidoron the same menu? I say it should happen more often! Desmond’s is located at 317 Seventh Ave, with entrance on 38thSt., (212) 391-6900, www.desmondssteakhouse.com.
Oysters Rockefeller (6)
Sizzling Slab Canadian Bacon, Desmond’s Steak Sauce
Iceberg Wedge, Crumbled Blue Cheese Dressing, Bacon & Tomatoes
USDA Prime Dry Aged Porterhouse Steak – 36oz
Beef Wellington, Port Wine Sauce
2 lb. Lobster Thermidor
Homemade Bread Pudding with Brandy Sauce
New York Cheesecake with Strawberries
Treat your dad this Father’s Day with a boozy sail with Manhattan by Sail! Have you ever found yourself on a luxury schooner vessel that was sailing along the Hudson River as you feasted your eyes on the majestic views of Manhattan & dined on delicious lobster & cracking bottle of wine?
Choose from a variety of sails: Three which take place on Sunday June 15th and two up for purchase as a gift certificate for dear ol’ dad.
The Shearwater Classic Schooner
- Champagne Brunch at 11AM, Sunday June 15th: Treat dad to a Sunday Brunch like no other. This package includes a brunch buffet, tea & coffee, fresh squeezed OJ, as well as an open Champagne bar! Enjoy bites of quiche, yogurt parfaits, muffins, bagels, croissants, salmon, and seasonal fruit.
- Wine Tasting at 4:30PM, Sunday June 15th: Not a morning person? Try our sail with wine experts from Montesquieu. Enjoy a delightful harbor adventure that will expand your palate as we pair great wines with cheese and charcuterie from Stinky Brooklyn. Each wine sail features an eclectic selection that may highlight differing countries, trends, and themes.
- Whiskey Tasting Sail (gift certificate): Pick your poison: a different micro distillery will feature their premier whiskey each sail – so hop on board!
- Craft Beer Tasting at 12PM, Sunday June 15th: Set sail on New York’s largest sailing vessel with the craft beer experts from Urban Oyster and taste several outstanding ales and lagers while you drink in views of the skyline.
- Lobster & Beer (gift certificate): 2 Maine-style lobster rolls (served chilled atop a buttered & toasted split-top bun with a little mayo, lemon, & spices), chips, pickles, coleslaw, potato salad, and unlimited beer!