If you are having trouble figuring out what to make this fourth of July, no worries SCBD is here to help. We have gathered a list of recipes that will be perfect for your fourth of July event.From chicken to salad and dessert. SCBD has a little bit of everything for your taste buds this holiday.
Almond-Crusted Chicken Breasts
Crusted with cheddar potato popchips for added flavor
· 1/2 cup unsalted almonds, toasted
· 1/2 cup of cheddar potato popchips
· 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
· 3/4 teaspoon grated lemon zest
· 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
· 3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
· 1 garlic clove
· 1/4 teaspoon salt
· 4-to-5 ounce boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
· Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
· In the work bowl of a food processor, place the almonds, popchips, olive oil, lemon zest and juice, rosemary, garlic, and salt. Process until coarsely chopped; the mixture will be a thick paste.
· Arrange the chicken breast halves in a baking dish. Divide the almond paste and spread on the breasts; pat down to cover each breast completely.
· Roast in the oven until cooked through and an instant-read thermometer reads 165 deg F to 170 deg F, about 10 minutes. Loosely tent with foil and let stand for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Sweet Crunchy Chicken Salad
Sweetened with katy’s kettle corn popchips
· 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
· 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
· 1/2 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
· 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
· 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
· 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
· 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
· 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
· 1/3 cup chopped celery
· 1/3 cup sweetened dried cranberries
· 1/2 cup of crushed katy’s kettle corn popchips
· 7 tablespoons (about 2 ounces) coarsely chopped smoked almonds
· 6 cups mixed salad greens
· Fill a Dutch oven two-thirds full of water; bring to a boil.
· Wrap each chicken breast half completely and tightly in heavy-duty plastic wrap. Add the chicken to boiling water. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until a thermometer registers 165°. Remove from pan, and let stand for 5 minutes. Unwrap chicken and shred; refrigerate for 30 minutes or until cold.
· Combine mayonnaise and the next 7 ingredients (through black pepper) in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk until combined. Add chicken, 1/3 cup celery, cranberries, and almonds; toss well to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Serve over salad greens.
Hi my babies! Since summer is (almost) officially here, I thought it’d be fun to share another cocktail recipe I found with you. So break out your Big Ang Cabernet and follow the directions below. Let me know if you try this out! Xoxo Ang
6 oz. cachaça
2 oz. Big Ang Cabernet Sauvignon
1 oz. soda water
2 oz. simple syrup
2 lemons, hand-squeezed
1 lemon twist for garnish
Take 3 blackberries with the juice from 1 lemon and muddle them together. In a shaker, add cachaça, Big Ang Cabernet Sauvignon, simple syrup and stir. Mix in the blackberry and lemon juice mixture. Continue to stir and top with soda water. Garnish with a lemon twist and fresh blackberries before serving. Enjoy!
Author: Adapted from Cooking Light
Recipe type: Worknight Dinners, Cooking for a Crowd
Prep time: 10 mins
Total time: 10 mins
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh cilantro $
- ⅔ cup light sour cream $
- 1 tablespoon minced chipotle chile, canned in adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 teaspoons fresh lime juice $
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 2 cups chopped roasted skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 2 breasts) $
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved $
- ½ cup diced peeled avocado $
- ⅓ cup thinly vertically sliced red onion
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained $
- 1 (8¾-ounce) can no-salt-added whole-kernel corn, rinsed and drained $
- To prepare dressing, combine first 7 ingredients, stirring well.
- To prepare salad, combine lettuce and remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Drizzle dressing over salad; toss gently to coat. Serve immediately.
- Tip: Add a spoonful of adobo sauce for a spicier salad. Kidney or pinto beans also taste great in this dish.
Author: Adapted from Real Simple
Recipe type: Cooking for One or Two, Worknight Dinners
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 5 mins
Total time: 20 mins
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- kosher salt and black pepper
- ¼ small cabbage (8 ounces), shredded
- 1 cup corn kernels (from 1 to 2 ears, or frozen and thawed)
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- ¼ cup roasted tomato and chipotle salsa
- 8 small flour tortillas, warmed
- In a large bowl, whisk the orange and lime juices, sour cream, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Add the cabbage, corn, and jalapeño and toss to combine. Let sit, tossing occasionally, for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season the shrimp with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Cook until opaque throughout, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Spread a small amount of salsa on each tortilla. Top with shrimp and slaw, then serve.
Mild, mellow and nutty, each Jarlsberg Mini is dipped in wax and wrapped in cellophane, replicating the popular Jarlsberg wheel, and packaged 5 (20g) pieces in colorful eye-catching bags.
Bite-sized and delicious, Jarlsberg Minis fill the need of today’s hectic schedules, where snacking is more frequent and demand for healthier options is high. At just 70 calories per piece, Jarlsberg Minis are a good source of calcium and protein…perfect for breakfast on the go and school lunches, or for an afternoon snack.
- HORSERADISH DIP
- BODACIOUS® ONION Drip
- BUFFALO WING DIP
- BUTTERMILK RANCH DIP
- FRENCH ONION DIP
- JALAPEÑO CHEDDAR DIP
- WHITE CHEDDAR & BACON DIP
- LIMITED EDITION ROASTED GARLIC & CARAMELIZED ONION
NYC TREAT: ITALIAN CHOCOLATE SORBET
NYC has a new Italian sorbetto! Made with award-winning Amedei chocolate from Tuscany, it’s totally dairy-free, gluten-free, vegan and delicious. Fan favorites are cherry chocolate and orange chocolate!
Available at Amedei Store, 15 East 18th Street, NYC
Crown Maple Ice Cream Sandwiches
Created by Chef Jacob Griffin
An irresistible cool treat to enjoy all summer long!
Yield: 4 each
8 each soft, Crown Maple shortbread cookies*
1 pint Crown Maple ice cream (either Blue Marble maple walnut or Steve’s “Sunday Morning”)
1. Place a 6” round cake pan (lined with parchment paper) in the freezer for 10 minutes.
2. Remove pan from freezer, then scoop all of the Crown Maple ice cream into the pan and press down firmly and quickly to make a flat disk.
3. Place ice cream back in the freezer for 10 minutes.
4. Using a round cookie cutter (just smaller than the size of the cookies) cut disks out of the ice cream. Flip the pan over on a cutting board and remove the disks.
5. Quickly, place disks between two shortbread cookies and place in freezer for at least 30 minutes.
*Please see shortbread cookie recipe below.
Crown Maple Shortbread Cookies
2 each sticks of unsalted butter
¼ cup almond flour
¼ cup Crown Maple sugar
2 each hardboiled egg yolks
1 pinch salt, granulated
1 ¼ tsp baking powder
2 ¼ cups all purpose flour
1. In a mixing bowl or with an electric mixer, cream room temperature butter with almond flour.
2. Slowly mix in Crown Maple sugar.
3. Crumble hardboiled egg yolks through a fine mesh sieve and add fine powder to cookie mix.
4. Add salt and baking powder.
5. Add flour in small additions, turning mixing into kneading.
6. Let dough rest in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
7. With a rolling pin, roll dough ¼ inch thick and cut 3-inch circles with a fluted cookie cutter. Carefully transfer to a parchment lined sheet tray.
8. Place cookie cut-outs in the freezer for 7 minutes to set.
9. Remove from freezer and put directly into a pre-heated 375-degree Fahrenheit oven for 7-10 minutes or until edges crisp up.
10. Remove from oven and let cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Ricotta Toasts with Thyme and Honey
Crisp toasted baguettes glow garlic. Ricotta relaxes in a cloud of cream. Grey green specks of thyme blink under a golden sheen of honey – can you say mouthwatering?! These fresh cheese toasts are simple and quick to prepare for an impromptu gathering.
Makes 18 toasts, 9 to 10 servings
1 small (about 8 oz) baguette, sliced into 18 1/2 inch-thick slices
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 garlic clove, peeled
2 cups good quality ricotta, preferably homemade (see recipe)
1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, finely chopped
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
6 tablespoons orange blossom honey, preferably in a squirt bottle
1. Preheat oven to 400°F, Place bread slices on a sheet pan lined with foil. Using a silicone brush, lightly brush bread with olive oil. Toast bread slices until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Allow bread to cool until you can lift a slice without burning your fingers and then rub each slice of bread with the garlic clove.
2. Spread each garlic toast with a dollop of ricotta cheese and sprinkle with chopped thyme. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. The toasts can be assembled to this point up to 2 hours ahead of time ; cover loosely with plastic wrap.
3. Drizzle the toasts with honey, place on a serving tray and serve immediately.
Basil Hayden’s® Stars & Stripes Spiced Ice
Created by Chris Wilkins (Louisville, KY)
2 Parts Basil Hayden’s® Bourbon
1 Part Simple Syrup
1/2 Lemon, Juiced
1 inch of Vanilla Bean
5 Basil Leaves
1 Basil Sprig
1. Combine Basil Hayden’s® Bourbon, simply syrup, lemon juice, vanilla bean and basil in a blender.
2. Add ice and pulse until ice is pea-sized.
3. Pour into a rocks glass.
4. Garnish with a sprig of basil.