Although my Instagram is usually filled with photos of beautiful, not-so-clean (still delicious) food, I’m a fairly serious athlete. I played volleyball through high school and college, ran a Spartan Race, and am currently training for a half marathon at the end of September. As a lifelong athlete, I have spent a great deal of time searching for a protein bar that tastes great but isn’t composed almost entirely of sugar. I can definitely say that I’m a Quest Nutrition believer and avid customer.
Quest Bars are Quest Nutrition’s best-selling item and are arguably the healthiest protein bar on the market. Boasting a whopping 20-21g of protein per bar, Quest Bars are gluten-free, low carb, low calorie, low sugar, and high fiber. At this point, you’re probably wondering, “What’s the catch?” or “They can’t possibly be delicious too.” OR if you’re me, “Wow, 17g is a lot of fiber!”
**SPOILER ALERT: Quest Bars are delicious.** The best part is, not only can you microwave them into gooey treats, you can BAKE them into cookies (or any dessert you can think of). Check them out on Instagram for amazing recipes, @questnutrition.
After trying all the flavors, I have a devised my own definitive ranking of the flavors:
13. Strawberry Cheesecake – Try it baked, you’re welcome
12. Apple Pie – This tastes EXACTLY like apple pie, unfortunately I don’t like apple pie (Next post: Am I even an American?)
11. Double Chocolate Chunk – If you’re looking for CHOCOLATE, you’ve found your bar
10. Peanut Butter Supreme – The best alternative to eating peanut butter straight from the jar
9. White Chocolate Raspberry – Chocolate and fruit, it’s like a fondue bar
8. Cinnamon Roll – I baked this and put peanut butter in the middle when I was craving Girl Scout cookies, cried with joy
7. Coconut Cashew – I’m a big cashew fan and the coconut combination really works
6. Vanilla Almond Crunch – Such a delicious flavor, think NYC nut cart without the guilt
5. Banana Nut Muffin – JUST missed the top five; however, definitely one of my go-to flavors
4. Chocolate Brownie – It tastes just like a nutty brownie
3. Chocolate Peanut Butter – *weeps*
2. Cookies & Cream – It’s worth all the hype, I promise
1. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough – I honestly shouldn’t need an explanation, but if you’ve ever eaten raw cookie dough and loved it (aka everyone) your life is about to change forever
(Not listed: PB & J, Mixed Berry Bliss, and Lemon Cream Pie)
While we all have different preferences in terms of flavor, I can attest that all Quest Bar flavors are worth trying and never disappointing. If you’re looking for a great protein bar, or even just a healthy alternative to binge eating dessert, definitely check out Quest Bars.