We have a great pairing for National Watermelon day. Why not indulge yourself with Watermelon Bruschetta from Spuntino Wine Bar & Italian Tapas and Fresh Watermelon Fizz. Combining these two delicious treats will surly send your taste buds into a watermelon frenzy.
The juicy summer staple gets a unique twist in this Watermelon Bruschetta from Spuntino Wine Bar & Italian Tapas, combining sweet and savory elements for a tasty tapas dish that offers a fresh approach to a traditional favorite.
- 1 loaf rustic bread, cut into 12 slices and grilled
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cups watermelon, diced into small pieces
- 3/4 cup pickled fennel
- 1 Tbsp mint
- 1 Tbsp Malson sea salt
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Spread the 1 tbsp. ricotta cheese mix onto a bruschetta.
- Top with the 2 tbsps watermelon and 1 tbsp pickled fennel.
- Garnish with the 1/4 tsp mint and 1/4 tsp sea salt.
- Drizzle extra virgin olive oil on top each bruschetta.
With locations in Clifton, NJ and Garden City, NY, Spuntino emphasizes fresh, locally sourced, seasonal ingredients on its chef-drive, made-from-scratch menu of signature dishes, like bruschetta, flavorful grill items, fresh hand-made pizzas and Italian meats and cheeses. To complement its menu, Spuntino Wine Bar & Italian Tapas has an extensive list of over 150 world class wines available by the bottle with more than 40 wines by the glass.
Looking for a cocktail to pair with the bruschetta rather than wine? Look not further than my homemade fresh fruit fizz. You can basically make this with any fruit or melon in this case. It’s a healthy version of a cocktail and tastes so delish espesically with the artisan rum and organic ginger ale! I love this with watermelon in the summer, so delish and refreshing! Cheers!
Sara’s Fresh Watermelon Fizz
- Pre-cut watermelon
- Jersey Artisan Distilling Busted Barrel SIlver Rum
- Bruce Cost Ginger Ale
- Put some watermelon and a shot or two of rum in blender (make to your liking).
- Separate mix into glasses, top with ginger ale.
- Cheers, enjoy!