When I found out I’d have to develop recipes using Jarlsberg minis I was not only excited but I was up for the challenge. I hope you all appreciate my recipes too. Some of my favorite chefs elevate simple dishes so I plan on doing the same.
I’m not normally into spicy foods but lately I can’t get enough especially if I can use fresh produce rather than processed foods. While we were at Samaha’s Country Farmer Market I came across these beautiful jalapenos that were only $1.99/lb! What a deal! So I decided to buy a few. I’ve updated portions in the recipe but they came out delish and perfectly roasted! The cheese is mild so it balances out the heat of the jalapenos– add some shredded cheddar for color & flavor, and enjoy of course!
Roasted Jarlsberg Stuffed Jalapenos
- 6 Jalapenos
- 6 Jarlsberg minis
- 1/2 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 cup flour
- Vegetable Oil to coat jalapenos
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Rinse & pat jalapenos, cut in half & de-seed (or else you’ll burn your tongue)
- Cut each Jarlsberg mini in half.
- Stuff each jalapeno with half of mini and top with some cheddar cheese for color, put top of jalapeno on if wanted (I like them whole).
- Dip in flour & top with vegetable oil for color.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes.
- Let sit for 2 minutes & enjoy!
I love that these are roasted and a healthier version of the classic popper! Do you plan on trying these out? Let me know if the recipe worked for you @smchickbigdeals on Twitter!