So I never thought I’d love to bake but after finding out how easy it is at bootcamp I haven’t stopped and my current specialty is biscuits!!! I also decided they would be a perfect base and great to make into a breakfast sandwich with the Jarlsberg cheese.
So I have two recipes for you… the Bacon & Jarlsberg Biscuit Both are super easy and delish!
Bacon & Jarlsberg Biscuit
- 1 cup milk
- 1 Tbsp White Vinegar
- 2.5 cups of AP (all-purpose) flour
- 4 tsp of Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 4 Tbsp of Cold Butter
- 2 Pieces of Bacon
- 1 Jarlsberg Mini Wheel
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees. Mix the vinegar & milk in the meantime so it creates Buttermilk.
- In a large bowl combine 2 cups of flour with the rest of the dry ingredients: baking powder, baking soda, salt. Stir well so everything combines.
- Take 2 pieces of bacon in the meantime and cook. I microwaved them for 2 minutes so they were cooked well and crispy. Cut into pieces and store in fridge so they cool. Cute Jarlsberg wheel into pieces. I cut into quarters & dice.
- Stir in the buttermilk into the biscuit mix and add bacon and cheese. Knead dough until its completely wet. Flour your hands and the counter and put the dough on the counter. Pat it down until its about 3/4 thick or to your liking!
- Cut dough with a round object: a glass, can, whatever is on hand. Cut biscuits until all the dough is used. Place on pan covered with parchment paper. Feel free to top with warm butter or oil for shine.
- Bake the biscuits for 12-15 minutes until golden brown. Let cool 2-5 minutes & enjoy!
Stay tuned for more of my Jarlsberg recipes!!!