Pickles, pickles, pickles. I love them!
So, it will come as no surprise to you that I’m pretty excited that today is Snack A Pickle Time. (I’m not even entirely sure what that means, but if it means I’m suppose to eat pickles, I’m on board!)
Instead of sharing with you some generic cream cheese, meat and pickles roll-up concoctions (which, *gasp,* I don’t even actually like) let’s talk frickles.
Frickles. I love them too. Well, they’re pickles so I suppose that might just be a given?
Okay, okay… this recipe is for baked pickles, not fried pickles. But, that’s cool. And, makes them a little healthier, right?? (And, I promise, they’re still just as tasty!)
Try this delicious recipe out, share a snack with your friends and then tweet us to tell what you thought!
3 Large Kosher Dill Wholes
3 tbsp Milk
1 cup Flour (All Purpose)
1/2 cup Bread Crumbs
1/4 cup Panko Crumbs
1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese (Finely Shredded)
Prep & Cooking Directions
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Slice your dill pickles into “chips” about 1/4 inch in thickness.
- Take 3 small mixing bowls and put the flour in 1, the eggs and milk in the second(and beat them together), and combine the bread crumbs, panko crumbs, and the shredded cheese in the third bowl.
- Coat each pickle chip with flour, then the egg/milk mixture, and then the cheesy bread/panko crumb mixture, and place on to an oiled cookie sheet.
- Bake @ 425 degrees for 7 – 10 minutes or until desired “crispiness” is reached.
- Add a side of (seasoned!) ranch to dip into and ENJOY!