So, Brett & I made another successful recipe for dinner. We nom-nom-nommed the whole night and would recommend this recipe for anyone wanting to make something “different.” All of you Mexican lovers have to try Citrus-Beer Steak Tacos with Pico de Gallo. Honestly, you’d be a fool not to indulge your taste buds with this wonderful dish.
We always sort through recipes to make our latest creation and when we came across this delectable dish, we opted to try out our cooking skills. We altered it a bit, but it tasted out-of-this-world.
- 1 orange, 1 lemon, and 1 lime
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ⅓ cup canola oil
- 1 8 oz. can of Coors Light
- 2 lb steak
- Kosher salt
- 6 soft tortillas
FOR PICO DE GALLO:
- 6 diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 diced onion
- Puree sliced lemon, lime and pour orange juice into a bowl along with, cilantro, oregano, cayenne, and oil. After pureeing, put them in a blender. Stir in beer. Season steak with salt; put in a bowl and pour marinade over. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour and up to overnight.
- Make pico de gallo: Toss tomatoes, cilantro, garlic cloves in a bowl.
- Preheat grill to high and grill steak, flipping once for 14 minutes total. Meanwhile, set-up soft tortilla on a taco rack.
- Once the steak is grilled to perfection, thinly slice it and evenly divide it between the 6 tortillas and fill the pico de gallo in each taco. Serve and enjoy.
Now, there’s certainly lots more for where to came from, but you’ll just have to wait and see for next time!