Over the past few months, cooking has definitely been an amazing outlet for me. I’ve cooked for some pretty interesting people that I never thought I would and others became regulars like #SCBDTeam member Lauren who would eat with me or with my family and I at times and is one of my biggest fans. Across the board one of my favorite things to cook and a hit has been my Zucchini Noodles or Zoodles as I like to call them & my homemade meatballs. Lets just say it’s a party in your mouth!!!
The recipe is super easy, healthy and filled with flavor!!! I’ve had a lot of fun seasoning my food lately and cannot stand an unseasoned meal so I’m always on it! It’s also an easy meal to make in bulk and have tons of leftovers for like the next week or even two! Well, here it goes…
- 2 lbs of meatloaf mix
- 1 cup of breadcrumbs
- 1 cup of Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 5 zucchini or green squash
- 2 tbsp of EVOO
- Pasta sauce of your choice
- crushed red pepper (optional)
- First, combine all the meatball ingredients (everything except zucchini & pasta sauce) by hand in a mixing bowl. If you plan on making this for the next day I highly recommend prepping this the night before to make your life easier.
- Pour some EVOO in a saute pan and let it warm up. Once its warm, increase the heat to medium. Shape mix into meatballs and let them fry in the pan for about 4-5 minutes on each side and there is no red in the middle.
- While they are cooking, the cut ends of each piece of zucchini and then turn them into zoodles by spiralizing or “zoodling” them as I like to say! Getting a spiralizer was definitely a worthwhile investment for me so I highly recommend it. If you don’t have one you can julienne each piece instead.
- Next, throw the zoodles in the pan with the meatballs and pour pasta sauce to your liking. Feel free to season more or less to your liking if you’d like.
- Mix and let sit until zoodles are cooked to your liking.
- Serve and enjoy with nice glass of wine! Cheers!