I love tacos and Mexican food. I think its pretty awesome how all of the ingredients come together and I’m surprised I don’t have jalapenos in my house all the time. Soon enough. I’m not a big fast-food eater but growing up if I went to Taco Bell I used to get the Mexican Pizza all the time. So during my time in the SCBD test kitchen I tried making one for myself. It looked and tasted delicious! This is so easy and anyone can make it, perfect drunken Cinco de Mayo snack!
Here’s the quick recipe & this is for one pizza
- Tortilla of choice (feel free to toast so it has a hard shell)
- Ground beef or turkey (pre-cooked)
- Romaine or Ice Berg lettuce chopped
- 1 or 2 Tomatoes chopped
- Salsa of choice
- Mexican cheese
- Set your oven to 350 and let preheat. (I used my toaster oven on bake and it worked fine)
- Get a small sheet pan and put some foil on it.
- Build pizza by putting down tortilla (toast this beforehand), ground beef, lettuce, tomatoes, salsa and cheese.
- Let bake for 5-8 minutes and until the cheese is melted.
- Top with your favorite hot sauce and enjoy! I use my World Famous Hot Sauce as pictured above! Yum!