So if you are an active demo viewer, you know I’m in love with Bruce Wayne aka Batman. I have been for as long as I can remember and that’ll never change. But two years ago in January, I finally gave into Netflix and needed something to watch. So of course, I reached out to Ty to see what he recommended and he recommended I watch Arrow before the next season started. So of course, I did and I fell in love with the story and Stephen Amell aka Oliver Queen aka Green Arrow (I may write another post about that) and the rest is history. But as I watched Arrow I kept seeing previews for The Flash and I had to watch it. I watched season 1 immediately right after I finished Arrow and I’ve been hooked since. Now The Flash is in season 3 and its probably one of the best seasons thus far. So here are my 6 reasons why you should watch it:
- Grant Gustin- 2 words, one name! He plays Barry Allen aka The Flash and is an amazing actor. I wish he was in more movies. He’s young and on top of his game and plays an amazing interpretation of The Flash. You’ve probably seen him as my MCM more than a few times on Instagram.
- The story line- if that doesn’t make you want to binge season 1:
At 11, Barry Allen’s life changed completely when his mother died in a freak accident and his innocent father was convicted of her murder. Now a crime-scene investigator, his dedication to learn the truth about his mother’s death drives him to follow up on every new scientific advancement and urban legend. When his latest obsession — a particle accelerator heralded as a world-changing invention — causes an explosion, it creates a freak storm and Barry is struck by lightning. He awakes from a coma nine months later with the power of superspeed. When he learns that others who have gained powers use them for evil, he dedicates himself to protecting the innocent, while still trying to solve the older mystery.
- The multiverse- This season more than ever I am intrigued by the multi-verse and the timeline Barry has created and re-created. But you’d have to watch seasons 1 and 2 to understand.
- Barry & Iris- I’ll admit I’m a sucker for a good love story. And ever since the show began I love seeing the love story of Barry Allen and Iris West grow with changes of Earths, timelines, other relationships and more. And they are finally at a pinnacle and working on something and I couldn’t be happier. I’ll leave it at that…So the CW knows what they’re doing and holding it down for the ladies, too. I can’t wait to see where it goes and they have presented it so well so far!!!
- The villains- this season the villains are the most mentally challenging. First season it was all about him getting over the first Dr. Wells and holding the team down at Star Labs. Last season, Barry had to defeat Zoom then changed the timelines. This season, Wells is back in the picture and Dr. Alchemy is on the move developing crazy meta-humans. Some intense shit and fights.
- The female leads- Okay so for the guys reading this, you probably get that I’m a feminist. I obviously love the acting of the males on the show but every female in the cast kills it. The female leads are more prominent in Arrow than Flash (I’ll discuss another time) but they always deliver. They take just as much heat as the guys and perform amazing. I wish I could be part of the cast.
I’m very picky about what I watch on TV but CW has me hooked on this DC Universe and I’m watching shows live as much as I can Monday to Thursday!! I actually am so into it I have comic books, a Funk-O collector of Oliver Queen, and I’d love to attend one if not as many Comic Cons as I can. And watching these shows are definitely a deal breaker for dating me, lol I’m hooked. And I’ll admit I’m the biggest dork, but I love it! I can’t wait to see Dr. Strange and see what else they come up with this year and the years ahead. I’m sure I’ll have a cocktail for it, too.
So what are you doing? Get Netflix if you don’t already and catch up on the first three episodes of The Flash season 3 once your binged out!!! You’re in for a great treat!
Cheers to a fierce season 3!!!! Go TEAM FLASH!