This weekend, after Hope’s wedding my sister in Christ, Jordan and I grabbed dinner then headed out out to a sister date night to the movies. If you’ve never heard the song, “Priceless” by For King & Country, you should. The lyrics are great and are about self-worth, this is the chorus:
I see you dressed in white,
Every wrong made right.
I see a rose in bloom,
At the sight of you (oh so priceless).
Irreplaceable, unmistakable, incomparable
Darling, it’s beautiful
I see it all in you (oh so priceless)
The words say so much and its so well done, I could listen to it all the time. Here’s the trailer to the movie:
And without further a due, I present you my six reasons why you should see Priceless the movie and why it should be played everywhere:
- The general message: Its a movie about sexual trafficking up front. We see it in action and how James (the main character) tries to stop it and save Antonia. It’s filled with action and drama. Both Antonia and James are strong leads in their own right, too. So when your not rooting for one, your rooting for the other. And its an issue that should be addressed more in this country, taking innocents lives daily.
- The Smallbone brothers: Along with tons of support the movie was directed by the two brothers, also known as For King & Country. Joel, stars as the main character, James. He does an unbelievable job and Luke did more behind the scenes. Reminds me that anything is possible.
- The other message: With faith, Joel pushes to save Antonia. She prays a lot. God is definitely in the movie, its there screaming but subtle. Dale, is constantly referring to James’ inner voice, being God and has just a great role in the movie. Antonia is constantly reminding James how God is using him, too.
- The theater was filled: Unfortunately the movie is only playing in select movie theaters so Jordan and I were lucky we found it somewhere in PA. Luckily we got our seats early because by the time movie was over, the room was packed. It was such a blessing that so many people came from whenever to see it.
- I cried: I don’t think I’ve ever cried so much through a movie, it hit me right in my soul. It really made me think about my life the past two years and how I’ve really realized my worth lately. And how I should’ve valued myself all along but its okay, I’m human and I wouldn’t be where I am today if I didn’t do what I do. No regrets. It left me feeling so uplifted as much as I was in tears.
It’s such a great movie, and has such an amazing message on an issue that should be discussed more. It hit me in my heart and soul. I encourage you to see it if you can. I’ll be back next week with another six reasons post! Stay tuned!