During Thanksgiving time I always find myself looking for new and different recipes to make to bring to family and friends houses for the holidays. Recently I came across this delicious Holiday Cranberry Sangria Recipe from Chef Matt McMillin of Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants. They have over 25 Restaurants locations across the US and have been named one of the largest wine clubs in America! Chef McMillion works side by side with the winemaker to ensure that the menu & wines really work and pair together. They have created this Cranberry Sangria.
Cranberry Simple Syrup: (Yield 1 1/2 cups)
- 6oz Cranberries
- 1 Cup Water
- 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 1 Star Anise
- 3 Cloves
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla Bean Paste
- In a stainless steel pot, dissolve sugar in water and add cinnamon stick, star anise and ground clove. Bring to a simmer and remove from heat.
- Pour mixture over the cranberries, add vanilla, and allow to cool to room temp then place in the refrigerator to marinate overnight.
- In the morning, strain cranberries and place syrup (Remove cinnamon stick, star anise and cloves) and cranberries in separate containers.
Each Glass of Cranberry Sangria:
- Fill Glass with ice
- 6oz Cooper’s Hawk Cranberry Sangria
- 1TBL Cointreau
- 1/2 TBL Cranberry Simple Syrup
- 1 Squeexe of Lime
- 1 Slice Each, Lemon, Lime, Orange & Apple
- 5 Reserved Cranberries ( in glass or on a skewer)
- 1 oz Club Soda
Let us know what you think!